Website Urban League Of Metropolitan Seattle
He/she will serve as the main receptionist for all ULMS programs and services, as well as the first point of contact for our clients and guests. Provide administrative support to the Housing and/or Employment Director as well as the Executive Leadership of the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle. Secretarial duties include word processing, filing and scheduling of appointments; the receptionist will work independently to prioritize and complete assigned tasks. Assignments will be periodically checked for progress by the leadership.
Essential Duties and Tasks:
- Screen incoming calls, provide requested information, take messages or redirect inquiries to the appropriate office/person.
- Greet and assist walk-in clients/guests.
- Enter and maintain Database, compile print and mail monthly and quarterly reports including HUD.
- Maintain filing system.
- Manage Data Base.
- Assist Directors and Executives as needed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in reading documents written in standard English text such as administrative policy and procedure manuals.
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence.
- Skill in editing correspondence to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining filing system and data base system.
- Knowledge of standard business letters and table formatting.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment to solve operational problems.
- Working knowledge of completion of forms and procedures to complete transactions such as travel reimbursements.
- Skills in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff members and other co-workers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including WORD, EXCEL, ACCEL, OUTLOOK, PUBLISHER AND POWERPOINT.
- Provides regular updates (via phone, email and memo) to management, partners, and other interested parties as directed.
- Maintains database and correspondence as directed.
- Responsible for demonstrating cultural competency and sensitivity to the needs of adults with multiple challenges.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent training and experience in secretarial and administrative fields. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven ability to interact with a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience in multi-tasking and under-pressure environment.
- Experience in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Experience in working with ethnic/minorities.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Compensation : A base salary of $12-$15.00 per hour plus the ULMS benefits package.
Position Type : The Receptionist is a Full Time non-exempt employee Position and is therefore only eligible to receive overtime pay if approved by leadership.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment at Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle, 105 – 14th Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98122. Evening and weekend work may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Seattle, WA
- High school or equivalent
- Receptionist: 1 year